- 1 tbsp. Progressive® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. each of minced fresh garlic and ginger
- 3 tbsp. of Thai red curry paste
- ¼ cup unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 cups of baby spinach or chopped Swiss chard
- 4 cups diced mixture of carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes
- 1 (280 ml) can of coconut milk
- 1 (540 ml) can of chickpeas
- 1 (280 ml) can of peas
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan.
Add the onions and cook until golden brown. Stir in ginger & garlic and cook for 1 min.
Stir in curry paste & nut butter until well combined.
Stir in vegetables, chickpeas, peas & raisins to infuse with the flavours of the onions & curry paste.
Cook for 5 minutes while mixing well.
Add the broth and bring mixture to a simmer.
Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Add coconut milk. Just before serving, add in baby spinach or chard and allow it to wilt.
Serve stew piping hot.