- 2 cups packed, chopped fresh spinach
- 3 stalks asparagus (steamed), cut into small pieces
- ½ Vidalia onion, diced
- 10 radishes, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic, puréed
- ½ teaspoon ginger, puréed
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup Progressive Organics Brown Rice Protein
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water
- ½ cup Progressive Organics Organic Coconut Oil
- (reserve 1 tablespoon Progressive Organics Coconut oil for chutney preparation)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin by lightly coating with coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a bowl, add chickpea flour, salt, turmeric, spinach, asparagus, onion, garlic and ginger and mix well.
3. Add water to the flour and vegetable mixture and mix with a spoon until smooth and combined, remaining thick, not runny.
4. With a tablespoon, drop the batter into each compartment of the muffin tin.
5. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes until the tops are browned and fritter is crispy.
6. To prepare the coconut radish chutney, combine the radish, coconut and dill weed in a bowl and mix until the coconut oil has coated the radish and dill weed. Sprinkle a dash of Himalayan salt or sea salt to taste. Serve alongside the baked fritter. Fritters can be served with any savoury sauce of your choice.
Makes approximately 15 fritters.