- 2 medium fennel bulbs, roasted
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon Progressive VegeGreens powder (Original)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup Progressive Organics Organic Coconut Oil
- Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Black pepper
1. Prepare the fennel by trimming the stalks, fronds and base and cut into wedges.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the fennel wedges, coconut oil, salt and pepper and combine until the fennel is coated with oil.
4. Transfer fennel onto baking sheet and roast in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and transfer to glass bowl. Let cool completely.
6. Next, peel the cucumber, chop into small pieces and set aside.
7. Once the fennel is cool to touch, place fennel and cucumber into blender and blend for 3-4 minutes. Mixture should be completely puréed and smooth.
8. Take a mesh strainer and strain the fennel cucumber purée.
9. In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk until smooth and mix in the fennel cucumber purée. Add salt to taste.
10. Cover the soup and refrigerate until cold for 3-4 hours.
11. Once the soup has chilled, whisk in the Progressive VegeGreens powder. You may need to add more salt to taste at this point.
12. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.