1 tablespoon Progressive OmegEssential Fish Oil, Chocolate
1 teaspoon Progressive PhytoBerry powder
1 can organic coconut milk; full fat (refrigerated for 8 hours)
½ cup strawberries; cut up into small pieces
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup* (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
¼ teaspoon allspice powder
- Drain away coconut water at the top of the coconut milk (refrigeration helps to solidify the coconut milk and leaves a clear water at the top of the can)
- In a standing mixer combine coconut milk, maple syrup and allspice mix on medium speed until whipped peaks form.
- Divide the parfait mixture in three parts.
- Fold in the fish oil and cocoa into a third of the mixture. This is chocolate parfait.
- Take another third of the parfait mixture, fold in the strawberries and PhytoBerry powder. This is the berry parfait.
- The remaining third will remain as is.
- Into a tall glass, spoon in the chocolate layer, followed by the berry layer and then the allspice layer, alternating layers until you reach the top of the glass.
- Chill to set the parfait for 3 hours before serving.
To make the whipped coconut cream, turn the chilled coconut milk can upside down, and pour off the clear liquid at the top until all that is left is the solidified cream. If the cream hasn't solidified, then pour off as much clear liquid as possible. Transfer coconut cream to a mixing bowl and beat with a standing or hand mixer until it starts to whip. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and whip again.