Zucchini and...lime? It may sound like an odd combo, but it transforms this recipe with a bright, tangy zing!
- 1 scoop VegEssential, Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Spelt flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 ½ cups Zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg or ½ cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Progressive Organics Coconut Oil, melted + 2 tablespoons to grease muffin tin
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, VegEssential, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Combine zucchini, lime juice and zest and add to the batter as well.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.