- 3 cups fresh mustard greens, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon VegeGreens powder (Original)
- 2 tablespoons Progressive Organics Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger purée
- ½ teaspoon garlic purée
- Salt to taste
1. Place the mustard greens and spinach in a saucepan over low heat with 3 tablespoons of water. Cover and let the leaves wilt and soften for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Let the greens cool.
3. Place the cooled mustard greens, spinach and VegeGreens powder in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium heat and add onion, tomato, cumin powder, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and garlic and brown until the onions are golden and caramelized.
5. Add the creamy green mixture to the saucepan with ¼ cup of water and let simmer for 6 minutes on low heat.
6. Serve with quinoa, rice or gluten-free chips.