You are going to go "banana pineapples" for these sweet summer treats. Your body will also love them because of their rich Vitamin C content (thanks to the bright yellow pineapples, bananas, and mangoes)! So, your body can stay strong while enjoying the outdoors this summer.
Banana Pineapple Popsicles
3 large bananas, cut into 1-inch slices and frozen
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 scoops VegeGreens Pineapple Coconut
Toasted shredded coconut, for garnish (optional)
- Place banana slices, pineapple chunks, mango chunks, coconut milk, and vanilla into a blender. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the mixture doesn’t become creamy after several minutes, add a little more coconut milk.
- Divide mixture. Leave approximately 1/3 in the blender with the other two thirds in a small mixing bowl.
- Using about ½ of what you have in the bowl to create your first yellow layer, dividing the mixture amongst your popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Transfer remaining mixture into the refrigerator to keep cool.
- While your first layer is setting add your VegeGreens to the portion of your mixture remaining in the blender. Blend on high until well combined.
- When your first layer has set, divide green mixture amongst popsicle molds. Add your popsicles sticks. Place back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- After last layer has set, use the remaining yellow mixture to create your last layer, dividing amongst popsicle molds. Add toasted coconut to each mold (if using).
- Freeze for at least 4 hours to ensure popsicles are completely frozen.
If you don't get why it says "5 more weeks of rainbow fun" below, it's because this is a post that's associated with the 8-Week VegeGreens Challenge -- check it out!