Take a walk through your favorite grocery store. Chances are the produce section is closest to the entrance. Though the bright colors and aromatic fruits and vegetables may be tools for grocery marketers to entice shoppers to buy more, the produce section is also a prime source of nutrients to help you live a younger, healthier life.Your body needs key vitamins from fresh vegetables and fruits. Those vitamins will give your body the boost it needs for top performance.
To eat well, start by following these easy tips from Canada's Food Guide that can help you enjoy the benefits of eating vegetables:
- Eat at least one dark green and one orange vegetable each day.
- Go for dark green vegetables such as broccoli, romaine lettuce, and spinach.
- Go for orange vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and winter squash.
- Choose vegetables and fruit prepared with little or no added fat, sugar or salt.
- Enjoy vegetables steamed, baked or stir-fried instead of deep fried.
- Have vegetables and fruit more often than juice.
The pay off in terms of your health is immeasurable! Take a look at why: