The New Year is all about setting yourself up for success with the right foundation. After all, how you start your year sets the tone for the direction the next 365 days will take.
Health is always a top focus when it comes to making resolutions, and while the tendency is to want to make grandiose changes – simple and sustainable is the best way to make sure you meet your goals and make 2017 your best year yet.
Establishing a routine centered around small, manageable habits will fuel long-lasting change and will eventually become a non-negotiable part of your life.
It’s important to remember to nurture the body, mind, and soul in order to truly create a picture of whole wellness. With this approach, you allow room for meaningful change and consistent growth in a way that gets you to your goals faster and in a much more balanced state.
Here are the top 10 habits we recommend to making 2017 your year of health!
- Drink warm water with lemon upon waking to gently kick-start your system.
- Start your morning with a few minutes of deep breathing or meditation to help set a positive intention and keep you grounded throughout the day.
- Build a smart breakfast plate that contains protein and healthy fats for improved energy. Add a high-quality fish oil or nutritional protein powder to maximize your morning nutrition.
- Take a good multivitamin that supports an active lifestyle to cover your daily nutritional requirements, increase stamina, and combat stress and fatigue.
- Put a pause on your alcohol consumption. Even just 30 days of abstinence can have positive effects of repair and rejuvenation for your body, mind, and spirit.
- Add collagen powder to your regimen to super boost your health, promote healthy aging, and improve digestion.
- Don’t overdo the exercise. Instead, join a practice like yoga which supports the effects of a busy lifestyle and helps to strengthen and lengthen the body while calming the mind.
- Do a digital detox every night before bed. This means turning off your phone, shutting down your computer or tablet, and making the space to naturally allow your body to ease into rest and digest mode.
- Think less and feel more. With the overwhelming amount of information out there, there is much to be said about developing a keen sense of self-awareness and getting into the habit of trusting your own intuition when it comes to your health and the decisions you make.
Remember, health is a journey and it should be one that ultimately uplifts and invigorates. Every day is a new opportunity for you to start fresh and keep on the path of becoming the best version of you possible!