Radishes, onions, and garlic are very light in colour, but also dense in nutrition. Foods that appear colourless or white are packed with anthoxanthins. This phytonutrient is great for insulin resistance and inflammation. Keep your insides happy with this anthoxanthin-packed recipe:
Cauliflower Bliss Bowls with Green Goddess Dressing
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1 tbsp coconut oil (or ghee)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Green Goddess Dressing
1 medium avocado
1 lemon juiced
1 cup fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro)
1 scoop VegeGreens, original
1 clove of garlic
½ cup water
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
- In a large, heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and turn to low. Cook for about 40 minutes, stirring often, until onions are a deep brown. Add salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking until vinegar has evaporated. Remove onions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cauliflower in coconut oil, salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While cauliflower is roasting, blend all of the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- When cauliflower is ready, layer into your bowl and top with onions and any other desired topping (radishes, carrots, chickpeas, etc) and dressing.