According to researchers, nearly 80% of the hyped up Canadian New Year's Resolutioners quit their healthy habits by the end of January. If this sounds familiar, you need to stay strong with these five tips to getting started on the road to a healthier you.
We all dream of a magical pill that causes instant weight loss, but unfortunately, it just doesn’t exist. Getting healthy requires determination because it tak
es time. There are, however, some quick tips you can integrate into your daily life to help keep you on track and moving forward. The goal here is to produce gradual changes that last.
1. Do Not Skip Breakfast: Remember when your mom said that breakfast was the most important meal of the day? Well, turns out she was right! According to researchers, breakfast starts our metabolism, which is basically what keeps our body working. It involves breaking down chemicals so that our bodies can use them. If we never put nutrients into our bodies, then the metabolism can never start. If the metabolism never starts, then fat cannot be broken down. Plus, you end up feeling extra hungry later in the day, which can lead to strong cravings and overeating. For your next breakfast, try a bowl of oatmeal with some nuts and a piece of fruit.
2. Eat More Colors: Eat more fruits and vegetables, which contain a wide array of amazing vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. If you’re starting from zero, try introducing one new fruit or vegetable into your daily diet every week. Keep adding until you reach 6 to 8 servings, combined. But if your aim is weight loss, keep your fruit count at 2 of those servings. If you need a little help reaching your target, try adding PhytoBerry or VegeGreens to your day.
3. Take a Daily Multivitamin: It is easy to allow the busyness of a day to get in the way of nutrition and good health. If you take a daily multivitamin suited for your body, you not only cover your nutritional bases, but you can also feel the difference. When you feel better, you live better. Our MultiVitamins have been designed to support your whole family with formulas that address the unique needs of your age, gender and activity level.
4. Exercise in Small Amounts: Many people purchase gym memberships around New Years and do 1-2 hours of intense exercise every day. Since this is such an extreme difference in your daily lifestyle, their willpower quickly runs out and they stop.
Instead, start adding exercise to your day in small bursts. If you have 5 minutes before your meeting, do some squats, crunches or go for a brisk walk. If your office is on the 3rd floor, take the stairs instead of the elevator. You can even park further away from the store than you normally would. Anything counts, just as long as it is some form of exercise.
5. Stay Motivated: There is no possible way to stick to a diet plan if you are not motivated. Motivation is what keeps us going and shooting for our goals. Staying motivated will keep you going even in the long-term. With this said, it varies from person to person. The first thing that you need to do is ask yourself why you want to lose weight. Once you can answer this question, write it down so that you never forget. Often times, people will forget their response to this question simply because it gets lost in day-to-day activities.
Once you realize why you want to lose the weight, you can begin to help yourself. For example, if you want to lose weight because you do not want to spend more quality time with your kids, then keep pictures of your children around you all the time. If you want to lose weight in order to feel better about the way you look, then you can make a collage of your ideal body. however, make sure it’s a realistic goal that you can actually achieve with your body type. All in all, you need to create your own motivation, one that works for you. If you ever doubt your goals then simply look back at whatever motivates you and keep going!
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us! Best wishes on your journey to a healthier you.
Quick & Easy Weight Loss
Stay Healthy & Active with VegeGreens & PhytoBerry